Cozyworld.net is a web site dedicated to both documenting our build of a Cozy MKIV as well as providing resources to the Cozy/Canard building community. The later is a mouth full considering the excellent resources already available (see below).
Right off the bat you should know, I'm not an expert. Everything that is shown here should be taken with a grain of salt. This is my first experience in working with composite material, building a Cozy aircraft, etc, etc, etc.
Credit for the above photo of the Cozy featured with the title goes to Erika Gimple. See more of her photo's and mine of Lloyd & Erika Gimple's great looking bird at http://www.hassel-usa.com/photo/Cozy-Albq/ (my old RV web site).
Here are some of the major resources you should check out:
The Cozy Aircraft
- What list would be complete without a link to the official Cozy web page?
The Central States Association
- If you're building or flying a canard you really need to join this association. Great ideas by builders, flyers and life long tweakers of canard aircraft. Of course I'm not prejudice - I'm the New Mexico state representative!
There are many builders web sites that should be checked out, not only to see how things are done but for innovation and creativity in tackling the build, modifying how the build is done or great changes that you can incorporate into your own build. Some of these builders have web sites and some don't (you may only find them on the forums).
Here is a list of a small number of builder sites I check out regularly (not in any order of importance):
- great ideas & how-to's - an innovative builder
- A must see even if you're not going to do a turbo rotary!
- Great resource with lot's of pictures showing - 'How-To
- One of the original web meisters for the Cozy
Last but certainly not least is:
The Cozy Girrrls
- Builders, metal parts suppliers, innovators, turbo rotary, home of the Cozy Girrrls strakes, developers of the Lo-Vac System, gee will it ever stop - I hope not!!!